Overview: A threat-focused next-generation firewall (NGFW) to protect enterprise networks from sophisticated cyberattacks, Cisco’s Firepower series is an upgrade from the trusty ASA appliances and comes in various specifications to support data transfer between 890 Mbps and 190 Gbps.
Key Features: With Cisco Firepower, you could expect the following features:
- Integration of advanced malware protection and Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS), without degrading thoroughput
- Over 99% threat blocking effectiveness and URL filtering for 80+ categories
- 24/7 updates on security intelligence by Cisco Talos
- Security task automation from a single consolidated platform
- On-premise Management Center or Cloud-based Cisco Defense Orchestrator
- Supports over 4000 applications, geolocations, users, and websites
USP: Cisco Firepower fits seamlessly into digital environments with significant on-premise dependencies, and security updates on a daily basis from Cisco Talos. There are several variants of this firewall hardware device meant for rack-mount units, with sufficient computing power for server support.
Pricing: Cisco Firepower comes in 24 variants ranging from Firepower 1010 to Firepower 9300 – 3 x SM-56 — the pricing varies according to your reseller and existing Cisco subscriptions.
Editorial comments: Cisco Firepower is a squarely enterprise-focused offering, ideal for anyone who is already part of the Cisco ecosystem. Large enterprises considering a network security overhaul should consider Cisco Firepower as a compelling option.