Technologies like HRMSs, Human Resource Information Systems (HRISs) and Learning Management Systems (LMSs) have allowed the modern workplace to automate time-consuming processes and improve employee efficiency. Specifically, HRMSs provide HR professionals with a means to easily manage employee information, including salaries, histories, KPIs and more.
Various HRMS modules are commonly used to perform certain functions like:
- Onboarding processing
- Storing employee history records
- Managing benefits
- Scheduling payroll
- Evaluating employee performance
The information that is stored in a HRMS is highly sensitive; therefore, the security of a HRMS solution must be of top concern for companies who choose to use a HRMS solution. Does the system utilize SSL technology to encrypt data as it is transferred over the internet? How many layers of protection (i.e. firewalls, antivirus software, etc.) does it have? Does the system allow you to set specific permissions for users at different levels? Can it be customized with additional plugins to meet your specific business needs?
Safe Workplace Practices
Aside from ensuring your HR software is secure, other ways to ensure employee information remains confidential include:
- Creating parameters for users needing different security clearances.
- Encouraging employees not to disclose passwords and personal account information amongthemselves.
- Enforcing the use of strong passwords and changing those passwords every 90 days.
- Making sure employees with access to HR software log off or shut down their computers when they are finished working.
- Backing up data in local hard copies or on the cloud.
- Discouraging employees from bringing their own devices into the workplace so as to not run the risk of data being stolen or infecting the network with a virus.
- Following best practices when working with a remote team.
The search for the right HRMS for your company requires having a good understanding of what your business needs are. An off-the-shelf product will usually suffice at first; however, a custom solution will often provide greater data security and more tools to allow you to take your business further
Centralized and real-time Attendance Recording Software with easy online management of all complex
HR tasks and offer completely automated process.
Understanding the significance of your HR system’s document management is crucial. HR solutions should incorporate a comprehensive employee profile directory
HRM software is pivotal in handling all your human resource tasks seamlessly across the employee lifecycle, beginning with recruitment and hiring.
An HR management solution ensures new hires start on the right note. It provides new hires with relevant information with the tools and techniques to enhance performance from the get-go.
Employee benefits help attract and retain employees while boosting employee satisfaction and supporting workplace loyalty.